…Your Beliefs vs. God’s Realities
Remember playing as a child, making-up fantasy scenarios? I was constantly pretending. I was a knight in shining armor conquering all! I was a race car driver with my matchbox cars buzzing down the road I’d scraped into the dirt! I was thinking myself into my own little world. I would create my own reality.
I was aware of the real world, but it was so much better in my own little worlds. I was in control. I was not answerable to anyone. I did exactly as I pleased. It was my world. My castle. My sword. My cars. My reality. Fun times!
But real life has its own realities. We live in a created universe. And it is the Creator who has established how things work.
We are not children, to think we can create our own realities in this world. We are big boys now, big girls. We now realize that there is something bigger at play here than merely what we think in our tiny little brains.
God declares reality – not you. When you stand before the Judge of the universe, in His court, it is God who will have the final say, not you.
You cannot declare what is truth. You cannot declare what is real, what you want reality to be. It is God who declares what is truth, what is real, what real reality is. No matter how sincerely or how forcefully YOU declare something — that does not make it so. God makes it so. God. Not you.
It behooves us all to check-out the realities God has established. Here are some easy ones:
- Gravity. Go ahead: step over that cliff. Reality will take you down.
- Heat. Go ahead: stick your finger in that flame. Reality will burn you.
- Cold. Go ahead: stand outside in the Arctic. Reality will freeze you.
You can try. You can try really, really hard. But you can’t change the realities of gravity, cold and heat. You can believe what you want. But you will get taken down, burned, and frozen. That’s obvious.
- You cannot declare “cold is imaginary – I’ll not believe in it. Reality will freeze you.
- You cannot declare “heat be damned, I’ll do as I please” and make it so. Reality will burn you.
- You cannot declare “gravity’s a farce – I’ll go where I want. Reality will take you down.
The same realities are true in the spiritual world, the realities of God – His ways, His declarations, His laws, His rules. He rules reality. Not you.
Your Beliefs vs. God’s Realities
- You cannot declare that all ways lead to God. Jesus Himself said: ¨“I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.¨ – John 14:6 On the other side you will find yourself on the wide path to destruction!
- You cannot declare that Allah and Jehovah God are the same God. The god of Islam is not even close to what the God of the Bible declares God to be. On the other side you will find that Jesus is God, and Allah was a deceiving angel, now cast into the fires of hell.
- You cannot declare ¨I´ll take my chances and choose God after I die.¨ The Bible says that this life is all the chance you´ll ever get! If you die without Christ as your Savior, then you will forever be without a Savior. Jesus said that ¨unless one is born again [from above] he cannot see the kingdom of God..¨ –John 3:3. The Bible says ¨it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.¨ – Hebrews 9:27
Reality is not something you declare, but rather: reality is what you are and what you do. Example:
- You can say you are a carpenter, but if you cannot cut wood and create something with it – then you are not truly a carpenter, really. Standing in a garage with your saws and hammers does not make you a carpenter. A carpenter actually builds with wood.
- You can say you are a swimmer, but if you cannot actually get to the other side of the deep end – then you are not a swimmer, really. A swimmer actually swims.
The reality of whether you are a true Christian is NOT something you just say, but rather: reality is what you are and what you do. Does what you do show you are following Christ?
reality is what you are and what you do